FishingPeace, quiet and great fishing...
Enjoy peace, quiet and great fishing at one of Trevornick’s three well stocked, coarse fishing ponds. If you don’t have your own fishing tackle, that’s no problem, you can hire everything you need from ‘The Bait shack’ which can be found just next to the ponds.
All guests are welcome to fish in our ponds whether beginners or seasoned professionals. And if you’re really keen on angling, why not book a camping or caravan pitch in Pond field which is located alongside our coarse fishing ponds?
Judy who runs ‘The Bait Shack’ also hosts regular fishing competitions and BBQ’s for guests to take part in.
Fishing Rules –
Our fishing rules are designed to protect the fish and wildlife around the ponds and to minimise disturbance to guests at Trevornick. Anybody who does not adhere to the following rules may be asked to leave the ponds.
- Weekly and daily passes are available to purchase from the Bait Shack. Anyone using a pass must show this prior to using the ponds.
- Fishing is only permitted between dawn and dusk.
- Barbless hooks to be used only. Maximum size 8.
- No boilies, bread, dog biscuits, cat or dog food or floating baits permitted in the ponds.
- Landing nets must be used. These are available to buy or hire from the Bait Shack.
- Do not throw excess bait into the ponds.
- Clear and tidy away your swim after fishing in the bins provided.
- Not fishing permitted on the track leading to the barns.
- All ledgers and feeders must be free running – no fixed rigs allowed.
- Unhooking mats must be used.