Trevornick Holiday Park are looking to recruit an Entertainment Manager for the 2023 season.
Trevornick is family-run site situated on the coast of the stunning Holywell Bay. Offering a variety of accommodation including: Touring and Camping, Ready Tents, Statics, Luxury Lodges and Cottages and a number of onsite amenities such as: swimming pool, bars and restaurants, fishing ponds, golf courses and much more.
We are a 5* awarded Holiday Park with the aim of ‘Making Everyday Extraordinary’ for our guests, visitors and of course our team. We have been providing outstanding family holidays for 60 years and have worked hard to create a highly regarded brand and an environment and culture our team are proud to be a part of.
About the Position
Our guests are at the heart of everything we do and our entertainment team create a programme and schedule of activities that entertain and delight, ensuring there is something for everyone.
The Entertainment Manager duties include (but are not limited to):
- The successful operating and running of the entertainment in The Farm Club and The Lounge Bar.
- Hosting in house evenings such as game shows, quizzes, in house shows, party dances etc.
- Recruiting the entertainment team and ensuring time-sheets are correctly processed and rotas are set to agreed budget and timings.
- Successful creation and delivery of Entertainment Programme for Farm Club and Kids Club. Creating new ideas and delivering a programme that our guests will enjoy and participate with ensuring there is something for everyone.
- Liaising with acts throughout the season to ensure they are able to set up correctly in the club and are looked after.
- You will be happy to carry out character work throughout the season and ensuring our mascot is present on a frequent basis
- Ensuring there is a good range of activities on for any evenings where the entertainment is in house rather than visiting
- You will be responsible for ensuring you and your team comply with all Health and Safety procedures for all areas including: Farm Club, Courtyard, Kids club, The Wild Shack, etc.
- Motivation of staff to create an excellent team atmosphere
- Liaising with the marketing team to ensure all advertising materials and documents required for the season are prepared and ready in advance.
We are looking for someone who is happy to lead a team with great organisational skills to ensure everything runs smoothly throughout the season and that the team always has all the resources they require. You will be happy to perform character work and be confident on a microphone in front of an audience and have imagination to create an exciting and engaging entertainment plan for the season.
You will be hard working, enthusiastic and punctual and have a passion for delivering 5* customer service.
The ability to sing or perform an act would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will report to the Facilities co-ordinator but be happy to work on your own initiative. Full training will be provided for this role.
This is a full time position available from March-end of October 2023. Shifts will be split between a morning shift of childrens activities from 10am and evening shifts from 6pm.
Please note you will be required to undertake a DBS check for this role.
About the benefits
- Discount on onsite restaurant and visiting food trucks
- Discount on spa treatments
- Free uniform
- Free use of our 3 golf courses throughout the duration of your employment
- Access to all onsite facilities
- Discount on holidays for friends and family
- Short walk to Holywell Bay Beach
- Free parking
- Accommodation can be arranged if required
Job Type: Full-time
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newquay: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location