As a large Cornish Company, we are passionate about our local, natural environment and are committed to improving our environmental performance by:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and industry codes of practice
- Actively working towards reducing environmental impact and prevent pollution that occurs as a result of our operation
- Considering the concerns of interested parties such as guests, members, local residents, employees and regulators
- Setting objectives and targets to drive continuous improvement programmes, and regularly review environmental performance to ensure success
- Ensuring all employees and subcontractors are aware of this policy and trained in their environmental responsibilities
- Engaging suppliers and guests in environmental initiatives which support the environmental aims of the company
- Making this policy available to our customers and the public on demand
This policy will be implemented within the framework of an Environmental Management System designed to meet the requirements of BS8555.
We actively support the local environment, economic and social communities. By investing in the campsite and constantly improving facilities on a regular basis, we ensure those wasteful and non-efficient facilities are either repaired or removed and replaced with efficient and waste/energy minimising models.
Over the last few years, we have been pro-actively monitoring and reducing our energy consumption, using energy from our field of solar panels to do so. We have also invested a large amount of money purchasing efficient equipment and training our staff to use them resourcefully. We use both air source heat pumps and ground source heat pumps to heat our park facilities including our outdoor heated swimming pool.
In 2019 we have built a Drop & Swap Station out of wooden pallets, for guests on site to leave their unwanted beach and camping items for other visitors to re-use instead of throwing them away. In 2023 we added a food bank donation station offering guests and team members the opportunity to donate any unwanted food items for us to donate to the local foodbanks.
New for 2023 we have installed 2 electric vehicle charging points in Blue field so customers are able to charge their vehicles throughout their stay.
What can you do?
In return for our commitment, we ask you, our visitors, to also do your bit and join us in trying to make our hotels an environmentally friendly place to stay by following these five steps to being a sustainable visitor.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Recycle your used newspapers, magazines, cans and plastic bottles in the recycling bins provided around our campsite.
- Get out of the car! Enjoy a whole host of local attractions and days out using public transport, with a bus stop directly outside the park entrance.
- Stay Local, Eat Local, Buy Local, See Local
- Turn off – remember to turn off the taps when you’re not using them and turn off lights before heading our for the day
- Follow the Countryside Code
We are committed to buying local produce and using Cornish suppliers.
Whilst you are here, why not visit a local farm shop for fresh, local produce:
Healey’s Cyder Farm, Penhallow. Tel: 01872 573356
Bre-Pen Farm Shop, Mawgan Porth. Tel: 01637 860420
Padstow Farm Shop, Trethillick Farm, Padstow Tel: 01841 533060
Carruan Farm Centre, St Minver, Wadebridge. Tel: 01208 869584
Great Gargus Farm, Tregony, Truro Tel: 01872 530274
It has become clear that all of us need to make our best effort to reduce our dangerous carbon emissions created from day to day life. However, it is equally clear that it is not going to be possible for any resident in the UK to completely eliminate their personal carbon footprint this is where carbon offsetting comes in.
Carbon offsetting works by helping both individuals and businesses to assess their carbon footprint, then invest in projects around the world that save the emissions of, or absorb, an equivalent amount of CO2. Through this process, they balance out their unavoidable carbon emissions and become CarbonZero.
Visit co2balance to see how you can reduce and offset your carbon emissions ethically and credibly. Click here to visit the co2balance website.